Category:X-Plane Desktop Manual
From X-Plane Wiki
Revision as of 22:45, 6 March 2011 by Tyoung
This is the Wiki version of the X-Plane Desktop simulator for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, which can be purchased here.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: About X-Plane
- Chapter 1 includes an overview of X-Plane, a history of the simulator, information on what the software includes, and information about the manual itself.
- Chapter 2: Installing and Configuring X-Plane
- Chapter 2 includes information on the system requirements for the simulator (including graphics cards, flight controls, and drivers), as well as instructions on installing, launching, updating, and uninstalling the software. Information on where to find help and support is also found here.
- Chapter 3: Initial Flight Setup
- Chapter 3 contains information on configuring flight controls and the simulator's graphics (including how to optimize the performance, or frame rate, of the simulator).
- Chapter 4: Flight
- Chapter 4 is about the actual use of the simulator--loading an airport or aircraft, setting up the weather, using the keyboard and mouse (including flying with the mouse), and etc.
- Chapter 5: X-Plane Menus
- Chapter 5 is all about the X-Plane Menus; it goes through (nearly) every available option and describes how to use it.
- Chapter 6: Navigation, Autopilots, and Flying on Instruments
- Chapter 6 begins by introducing the history of flight navigation, then goes into how to use the various types of navigation that are simulated in X-Plane. It also includes how to fly on instruments or use the autopilot.
- Chapter 7: Expanding X-Plane
- Chapter 7 details how to download and install third-party scenery, aircraft, and plug-ins.
- Chapter 8: Expert Essays
- Chapter 8 is about the very advanced configuration of X-Plane--tuning the handling or autopilot of an aircraft, creating an artificial stability system, setting up multi-computer simulators, and using multiple monitors. It also includes how to fly the more "mysterious" aircraft--helicopters, the Space Shuttle, and the Martian airplanes.
- Appendix A: How X-Plane Works
- Appendix B: Sending a Bug Report
- Appendix C: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix D: FAQ and Troubleshooting
- Appendix E: Making Objects for X-Plane
- Appendix F: Custom Aircraft Files for Hire
- Appendix G: The Log File Explained
- Appendix H: X-Plane and Linux
- Appendix I: Updating the Computer's Graphics Drivers in Windows
- Appendix J: Default Key Assignments
- Appendix K: Using Older Versions of X-Plane
- Appendix L: Water Everywhere
- Appendix M: Combat in X-Plane
This category currently contains no pages or media.