Category:X-Plane Mobile manual
From X-Plane Wiki
This is the "big" X-Plane Mobile manual. In addition to introducing the X-Plane Mobile controls, it goes in-depth on X-Plane Trainer, X-Plane 9, X-Plane Extreme, X-Plane Racing, X-Plane Airliner, and other applications for mobile devices.
Because of the uniqueness of the Space Shuttle, Helicopter, and Remote applications, please see their respective manuals instead of this one.
Differences between the same application on different platforms are minimal. For instance, the X-Plane 9 app for iPhone and iPod Touch is identical to X-Plane 9 for Android with respect to the aircraft, flight regions, menus, etc.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to X-Plane Mobile
- All about the history, present, and future of the X-Plane applications for iPhone, iPod Touch, Android devices, and the Palm Pre.
- Chapter 2: Getting Acquainted with the Simulator
- Information on how to use the flight controls, the view options, and the Settings menu. Also includes how to update the applications.
- Chapter 3: Features and Flight in X-Plane Trainer (Legacy)
- Information on the aircraft and flight regions in X-Plane Trainer, which is no longer available in the iTunes app store.
- Chapter 4: Features and Flight in X-Plane 9
- Lists the aircraft (along with their approximate takeoff speeds) and flight regions included with the X-Plane 9 application, as well as how to fly the default Cirrus Vision jet.
- Chapter 5: Features and Flight in X-Plane Extreme
- Information on the aircraft and flight regions included with the X-Plane Extreme application, including a walkthrough to flying the F-22 Raptor and notes on the unique parts of flying the other aircraft.
- Chapter 6: Features and Flight in X-Plane Carrier
- Information on the included aircraft in X-Plane Carrier, as well as guides to taking off and landing on the carrier and the tactics used in dogfighting.
- Chapter 7: Features and Flight in X-Plane Racing
- Information on the aircraft and the race courses included with the X-Plane Racing application. Also includes information on how the races work, with a walkthrough on racing with the F-15.
- Chapter 8: Features and Flight in X-Plane Airliner
- Information on the aircraft and flight regions included with the X-Plane Airliner application, as well as a walkthrough to flying the Boeing 747.
- Chapter 9: Features and Flight in X-Plane Glider
- Information on towing, soaring, and landing both the powered and unpowered gliders included in X-Plane Glider.
- Chapter 10: Features and Flight in X-Plane Airshow
- Information on setting a routine, then flying it in formation in X-Plane Glider.
- Chapter 11: Features and Flight in X-Plane Seaplane
- Information on flying water operations in X-Plane Seaplane's amphibious aircraft.
- Chapter 12: Advanced Functions of X-Plane for the iPhone and iPod Touch
- Information on the navigation functions included in the X-Plane Mobile applications, as well as how to use the autopilots. Includes a walkthrough to flying an instrument approach.
- Chapter 13: Tech Support
- Information on troubleshooting problems with the X-Plane Mobile applications, as well as how to contact customer service.
- Mobile Glossary of Terms
- Glossary of the terms used in the X-Plane Mobile manual.
- Flight Dynamics
- An image of the pitch, yaw, and roll axes of an aircraft's motion.
Articles in category "X-Plane Mobile manual"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.