8.10 Intrepid Ibex
From X-Plane Wiki
Steps to install X-Plane in Intrepid Ibex
- Download the DVD Installer if you're installing from DVD, or Demo installer if you want to download the demo.
- Extract the installer, e.g. to your Desktop.
- The installation from here depends on your architecture:
- From one of the mirrors, download libopenal.so.0 to your desktop.
- Right click the libopenal0_0.2005080600-2.1build2_i386.deb file on your Desktop and select 'Open with 'Gdebi Package Installer'.
- Copy the following files into the /usr/lib32 directory
- all from http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/i386/libs/
- download packs to hd and open with Archive Manager, not in GDebi installer
- don't copy the links, rename the files
- On your Desktop, double click the X-Plane DVD Installer Linux that you extracted earlier.
- Change the target installation directory if desired (This author prefers the name 'X-Plane_9'), and then accept the license agreement to begin the installation.
- If you're installing from DVD:
- Download the Updater
- Extract the Updater to your desktop.
- Double-click on the updater to get the latest updates.