8.04 Hardy Heron
From X-Plane Wiki
Steps to install X-Plane in Hardy Heron
- Download the DVD Installer if you're installing from DVD, or Demo installer if you want to download the demo.
- Extract the installer, e.g. to your Desktop.
- Launch the Terminal application (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal).
- If you're using a 32 bit build of Ubuntu (i386):
- In the Terminal application type sudo apt-get install libopenal0
- If you're using a 64 bit build of Ubuntu (amd64):
- Right-click the extracted installer file and rename it so there are no spaces in the name.
- Download and install the getlibs package.
- In the Terminal application type getlibs followed by a space.
- Drag the installer to the Terminal window and press Enter.
- Follow the instructions.
- Double-click on the installer to start the installation.
- Change the target installation directory if desired, and then accept the license agreement to begin the installation.
- If you're installing from DVD:
- Download the Updater
- Extract the Updater to your desktop.
- Double-click on the updater to get the latest updates.
- Please be aware that Hardy is using pulse as a sound server for the 1st time in this release.
- While sound issues are not necessarily fatal, the command line option --no_sound will bypass sound init altogether if needed.